- 13March 2020
VAN DORN PEDIATRICS is closely monitoring the quickly evolving situation of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We are following the CDC’s guidelines and updates to protect your family and our staff.
We have taken a number of steps to keep our office a healthy and risk-free place:
- We are using completely separate rooms for well and sick visits.
- All patients with fever or respiratory symptoms are asked to have a video visit with one of our doctors and either a prescription is sent to the pharmacy or they are referred to the emergency room for further studies.
- All visits must be scheduled and screened by phone ahead of time; we are currently not accepting walk-ins.
- Parents should limit the number of people accompanying the child to one parent or guardian.
- All toys have been removed.
- Every room is disinfected and ventilated after every visit.
- We offer Telemedicine where we can schedule a video visit with your doctor while you are in the comfort of your home (please see details below for steps and types of visits )
- We also offer many other on-line services through this web site and the patient portal:
- Fill-out registration forms as well as other forms on-line before coming to the office
- Access/ print your child’s medical record
- Get doses for fever medicines as well as vaccine schedule
- Access vaccine information sheets
- Pay balance on line
- Screening for Coronavirus risk will be done only over the phone.
If your child has flu-like symptoms including cough, fever, shortness of breath AND,
1- Has been in contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 infected or suspected case within the last 14 days,
2-Traveled to a CDC defined sustained community spread area within the last 14 days (click here for an updated list from the CDC)
Please Call us — we will determine if we should recommend supportive care at home or if your child should proceed to the emergency room.
Presently we are capable of testing for the Coronavirus for our patients only; please call us from your car when you get to our parking spots and a nurse will come out to collect the samples.
- 13August 2018
We are excited to announce that Van Dorn Pediatrics is now offering Televisits on a larger scale. Televisits allow our doctors to conduct certain appointments via video as an alternative to office visits. Call us to schedule your Televisit. Copay/ deductible is due at the time of scheduling to minimize wait time for your visit.
Televisits could be done using the Healow app on your phone or on the Patient Portal from your PC. If you choose to use your phone; kindly download the Healow app from the app store and create an account for your child.
Once signed in click on appointments, then Televist, and enter you child’s vitals then click submit and start your Televist with your doctor.
Below are video tutorials for how to conduct a televisit using the patient portal on your computer or the Healow app on your phone.
Please log into your account at least 15 mins prior to your appointment time. Please note that Televisits cannot be replaced by a phone call.
Here are some examples of conditions that could be managed through Televisits:
2. Asthma follow up if less than 6 years of age
4. Pink eye
5.Cold symptoms without ear pain
7. Follow up concussion
10. Feeding problems
13. Sleep concerns
15. Hair loss/ Dandruff/ Lice
18. School problems
20. Behavioral concerns
Telemedicine visits could be scheduled throughout the day from 8:00 AM-10:00 PM daily, 7 days a week!